Why should I store my Will and Estate Planning documents in a secure storage facility?
One of the many reasons people die intestate is because their Will has been lost, damaged or found and destroyed. Part of our Will service is that each of our client’s Wills are stored in a theft, fire and flood proof safe. With secure Will storage it means:
- Important documents can’t be lost or damaged
- Only your executors will be allowed to withdraw the Will from storage after your death
- A disappointed beneficiary cannot destroy the Will as they will not have access to it as they may do at home
Did you know that if your Will cannot be found after you have passed away, the law presumes that you must have destroyed it and did not wish its contents to be taken account of? This means that if your Will cannot be found after your death, either any previous Will found will be used or the government will divide your estate according to the laws of intestacy. Your estate will be treated as if you never made a Will and this could mean your loved ones do not receive your assets and property as you had hoped.
Using our secure service ensures:
- Only your nominated executors are able to access your Will when the time comes
- Your Will is safe from falling into the wrong hands
- You and your executors know the exact location of your Will
- The content of the document is kept private until after your death.
We have 3 different levels of secure storage
You Will & Estate Planning Consultant will advise you on which is best suited to your own requirements.
Your Will is securely stored and 1 additional copy is supplied to you
Your Will is securely stored, 3 additional copies of your Will are supplied and UNLIMITED aftercare/amendments
Your Will is securely stored, up to 5 additional copies of your Will are supplied and you benefit from UNLIMITED aftercare/amendments and an annual review