Why should I store my Will and Estate Planning documents in a secure storage facility?
One of the many reasons people die intestate is because their Will has been lost, damaged or found and destroyed. Part of our Will service is that each of our client’s Wills are stored in a theft, fire and flood proof safe. With secure Will storage it means:
- Important documents can’t be lost or damaged
- Only your executors will be allowed to withdraw the Will from storage after your death
- A disappointed beneficiary cannot destroy the Will as they will not have access to it as they may do at home
Did you know that if your Will cannot be found after you have passed away, the law presumes that you must have destroyed it and did not wish its contents to be taken account of? This means that if your Will cannot be found after your death, either any previous Will found will be used or the government will divide your estate according to the laws of intestacy. Your estate will be treated as if you never made a Will and this could mean your loved ones do not receive your assets and property as you had hoped.
Using our secure service ensures:
- Only your nominated executors are able to access your Will when the time comes
- Your Will is safe from falling into the wrong hands
- You and your executors know the exact location of your Will
- The content of the document is kept private until after your death.
Our Secure Storage Facility is available from only £20 per year.
We offer all of our clients the opportunity to store their Will and Estate planning documents securely with us for only £20 per year for a single client and only £35 per year for couples and joint clients.
Benefits of our Service:
We will signature check your documents to ensure they are signed correctly.
You will be sent a digital copy of your will so that you can distribute this to your Executors
You can amend your legal documents once per year should your wishes change, at no extra cost
We will store your documents securely in a specific vault to ensure they are all kept safe and in tact for when they are requested.
You will receive a digital storage certificate to confirm our receipt of your documents and their exact location. This will be needed when your executors require your documents to be returned.